You probably follow a lot of well-known people on social media, including politicians, actors, athletes, chefs, etc. You must have seen that each of these accounts has a blue tick next to it. On social media, everyone is vying for the same blue tick. Ever questioned what this blue tick is? How to obtain it? Today in this article, we will talk about blue ticks on three social media giants, viz. Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Significance of a Blue tick:
This resembles a badge of verification. It shows that the account is legitimate. Additionally, it improves the accountability of your social media posts.
Who gets the blue tick?
The idea behind Blue tick is the verification of a popular person or institution. Although anyone is eligible to get a blue tick, certain categories usually get this. Government employees, big companies or organizations, news organizations, media personalities/journalists, people from the entertainment industry, sports people, activists, and individual influencers are more likely to get a blue tick.
Process of getting a blue tick:
- Log into Facebook first, then navigate to the Facebook Account Verification Form link.
- Choose your verification method (Page or Profile).
- Choose a category.
- Select your nation.
- Upload an ID picture (Identity Card).
- Give a justification for why your account needs to be validated.
- Publish any one file.
- Select SEND.
The Facebook staff will look into it once the request has been made. The Facebook verification team will review the data you supplied after you send the request. It will then decide whether or not to give you a blue tick. On your profile, a blue tick mark will show up if your request is approved. If your request is not approved in one go then you can apply again after 30 days.
- Open the Twitter app on mobile. Login account.
- Go to Settings and Privacy of Twitter account.
- Now go to Your Account.
- Click on the information, and the option of Verification request will come in front. Click on it.
- Select Category and ID Card / Office Email Address / Website Key
- After filling in all the details click on apply.
If your request is accepted upon the completion of the process, a blue tick will be displayed in front of the account. If not, you can reapply for verification after 30 days.
Conditions to get a blue tick on Twitter
- Your identity should fall into one of the following categories: a person or member of the federal or state government, a government employee, a representative of any company, brand, media outlet, journalist, a celebrity in the entertainment industry, athlete, or a gamer activist.
- Your Twitter account must be legitimate and not a fake, according to rule number two. All of the information provided, from your name to Twitter’s BIO, should be accurate. Nothing ought to be kept a secret.
- It is necessary to be active in the Twitter account. Being active means that you have been using Twitter continuously for the last 6 months. Besides, in the past one year, one must not have been banned by the Twitter for breaching rules.
- Open the Instagram app in mobile, login your id click on your profile.
- After opening the profile in the top right side, three lines will appear.
- Click on Account and Request.
- Go to Verification.
- Apply by providing all the things like name, document, link, id.
Conditions to receive a blue tick on Instagram
- If your personal identification is genuine, your identity must be true. If there is a page, it should be for a legitimate corporation or business.
- You must present your company or yourself in a distinctive manner. Each person’s account will only have one verification. It won’t happen if someone believes that both their personal and corporate accounts are authenticated. There will be no generic account verification. Like pages on memes
- You must make your page or account public. A profile photo and BIO are required. Your account should be active both throughout and before the verification process.
- You, your brand or company should be famous, which more and more people should search. Your content should not be paid or sponsored.