Indian Railways has started with its first Pod Hotel at Mumbai Central Railway Station. This hotel is equipped with modern amenities, that are available at affordable rates. The hotel facilities will be of great help to all those travellers, who are travelling over long distances. Recently, Minister of State for Railways Raosaheb Danve Patil inaugurated the hotel via video conferencing.
Danve said that the hotel is very affordable for travellers, so it will be of great benefit. According to a senior official, it will prove to be very helpful for small businesses and commuters travelling by train for short duration.
Special benefits to the traders of Gujarat
There are many traders of Surat and Ahmedabad who frequently keep coming to Mumbai for work. So this budget friendly pod hotel will facilitate those traders and businessmen. As this hotel is located in the station premises, so there will be no rushing up for catching train on time.
Amenities and Rentals
- The total number of rooms in the pod hotel are 48.
- There are three different categories of rooms here. These categories include 30 classic pods, 7 pods or rooms are designated for women, 10 of them are private pods, and 1 pod is especially for handicapped persons.
- The room rates vary from Rs 999 for 12 hours to up to Rs 1,999 for 24 hours. These are the charges for classical pods.
- The rates are higher when it comes to private pods. The rates for these pods will vary from Rs 1,249 for 12 hours to Rs 2,499 for 24 hours.
- The hotel is built on the first floor of the station building in about 3,000 square feet of area.
- If we look into the services then, it will provide us with free wifi, luggage room, shower room, washroom.
- Further you will also get facilities like TV, small locker, mirror, adjustable air conditioner and air filter vents inside the pod.
- Reading Light, Interior Light, Mobile Charging, Smoke Detector, DND Indicator etc. these are some more additional facilities.