You are aware of how unpredictable the stock market can be if you are interested in it or an investor yourself. Given that the majority of us aren’t seasoned stock traders, you may desire a straightforward and practical way to keep tabs on your investments and the news that affects them.
You may do all of that with the aid of Google Finance. With it, you can keep up with the market and make smarter investing decisions by viewing real-time market quotations, charts, analytics, and the most recent financial news.
Let’s look at how to use Google Finance to compare stocks and markets and establish a watchlist for equities.
Here’s how to create a Watchlist on Google Finance:
- Open Google Finance.
- On the home page, scroll down a little bit and you’ll find the option of Watchlists, here tap on New Watchlist.
- Name your watchlist as per your wish.
- Now add your investments here with specifics like purchase date and buying price.
- Apart from searching, you can also choose from recommendations to add your stocks.
As an alternative, you can decide to manually add stocks to your watchlist by doing so:
- From the search bar, enter a stock you’re interested in and click on it.
- To add the stock to the automatically created watchlist, click Follow.
- Click Added to watchlist and choose your watchlist to add it to your personal watchlist.
- To make a new personalised watchlist, click New watchlist, give it a name, then click Done.
- Deselect the checkbox next to the stock’s name to take it from the automatically formed watchlist.
Benefits of Google Finance:
Google Finance offers helpful data about the stocks you’re interested in, such as the previous close, day range, year range, market cap, volume, charts, and pertinent financial news. With Google Finance, managing your money is simple. Besides, you can compare your stocks as well as different markets for a comprehensive understanding.
How to do comparative analysis?
- From the search bar, look up and choose a stock you want to compare.
- Click Compare to below the stock chart or pick a suggested stock to compare with the stock you’ve chosen.
- To compare additional stocks, click Add comparison.
- Open Google Finance
- Locate and select “Compare markets.”
- To view an index and trend, click on any market.
- Utilize Google Finance to Monitor your investments.