Sidhu Moose Wala, a Congress leader, and well-known Punjabi musician was shot and killed in Mansa district yesterday. Three more people were hurt as a result of the shooting. At the same time, the police who arrived on the scene found a pistol from Sidhu’s car. This pistol may have been used in the murder case, according to the police. The pistol was transported to be forensically examined and fingerprinted. The miscreants also confirmed whether Sidhu Moose Wala was alive or not after firing roughly 30 rounds of gunfire, which appear to be from an AN-94 rifle. With him, two additional persons were shot. Following that, all of the injured were sent to the hospital. Sidhu died in the hospital while undergoing treatment.
Simultaneously, gangster Lawrence Bishnoi has claimed responsibility for the murder of Sidhu Moose Wala. From Canada, another gang member, Goldy Brar has claimed responsibility. Lawrence Bishnoi was once a Panjab University student leader.
For unversed, singer Sidhu Moose Wala was allegedly involved in plotting the assassination of Akali leader Vikku Middukheda. In November of last year, Moose Wala joined the Congress. On a Congress ticket, Moose Wala competed in the Mansa assembly elections.
After this gruesome murder, the internet was flooded with angry reactions and condolences. In a very young age, Sidhu Moose Wala had garnered a huge fan base and earned fame. His career, however, was full of controversies. Let’s have a look at his career.
Sidhu Moose Wala’s career:
Read more: Navjot Singh Sidhu gets a 1 year sentence by SC in a 34-year-old case; What is the case?
Sidhu Shubhdeep Singh Sidhu was the real name of Moose Wala. He was born in Musa village, Mansa, Punjab, on June 11, 1993. Bhola Singh and Charan Kaur were his parents. Sidhu graduated from Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College in Ludhiana with a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering. In the year 2019, he relocated to Brampton, Ontario, Canada.
- Sidhu Moose Wala was a Punjabi singer who also composed music. Moose Wala began his career as a songwriter for Singer Ninja, writing the song License. His singing career began with a tune titled Zee Wagon. After that, he joined the Brown Boys Group and sang numerous songs with them. There was a great deal of debate.
- Sidhu rose to prominence as a result of his song So High. He released his first album, PBX 1, in 2018. On the Billboard Canadian Albums Chart, the album was ranked 66th. Following that, he began releasing his own music.
- His parents were really close to him. For his parents, he sung songs like Dear Mama and Bapu. His tracks 47, Mafia Style, Sohne Lagde, Poison, 911, and Issa Jatt were quite popular.
- He released four albums during his career: PBX 1 (2018), Snitches Get Stitches (2020), Moosetape (2021), and No Name (2022). He used to have a sizable social media following.
- Sidhu Moose Wala’s career was marred by controversy. Guns were mentioned in the lyrics of his songs. He was accused of encouraging gun culture as a result of this. Aside from that, he has been involved in issues for allegedly hurting religious emotions. A police report was also filed against him as a result of this.
- Sidhu Moose Wala is alleged to have had a feud with rapper Karan Ahuja. Through songs, social media, and live performances, they used to feud with one another. Two Moose Wala videos went viral on social media in 2020. In this, he was shown receiving AK-47 training. In the footage, he was joined by five police officers, which were then suspended.
- After the situation became public, the police began combing homes in search of Sidhu to apprehend him. He went underground after that. He was given bail after participating in the police investigation in July 2020.
- Punjab: My Motherland was released by Sidhu Moose Wala. He was accused of glorifying Khalistan in this song. Sidhu also included a video of Bumper Singh Balbir, a supporter of Khalistan, giving a speech in 1980.
- Sidhu ran for the assembly in this year’s elections. Scapegoat, a song by Sidhu Moose Wala, was released in April 2022. In this song, he lamented his defeat by referring to the Punjabi people as traitors. There was also a lot of debate regarding this.
- Moose Wala was an actor and a singer. He made his acting debut in the Punjabi film Yes I Am Student, which he produced. Following that, he appeared in the films Teri Meri Jodi in 2019 and Gunah in 2020. Jattan Da Munda Gaon Lagaya was his most recent film.